Thursday, June 19, 2014

Throw back Thursday--Summer

Welcome to my version of Throw-Back Thursday, blog style. I'm taking Thursdays to revisit some older posts.  I hope you enjoy the trip back in time.



Throw Back Thursday, Blog Style
(Originally posted 20-JUL-2012)
I love that line in “It’s a Wonderful Life” when the old man says to George and Mary, “Aw, youth is wasted on the wrong people”.

I think the same can be said about summer vacation. Abby is ‘BORED’ and you know it is bad when she is not only bored, but bored in capital letters! And for the life of me I cannot think of why! She has played in the pool—granted the kiddie pool because we cannot trust Boo or crazy puppy with the “big” 4ft pool, gone to the playground with Daddy while Boo is in school, gone to the marina and the fish hatchery, played with her Barbie(s) and the list goes on. And let’s not forget the week she was a freeloader at our friend’s beach house—while I was at work!

I offered to give her a list of things to do. But she wasn’t too impressed with my ideas:
  • Clean her room
  • Laundry
  • Sweep up the dust-bunnies created by crazy puppy
  • Clean Boo's room
  • Cook dinner
  • Wash the windows
  • Clean my room (hey, why not?)
  • Clean the bathroom (okay, NO ONE wants to do that!)
 

If I had summer vacation, I would be ecstatic to be BORED. I would read, yes read, a book that had no meaning at all. I would go for walks on the beach. I would…I don’t know what I would do because it has been about 25 years since my last summer vacation!

But I bet there would be a nice glass of pinot grigio

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be bored even for a few minutes here and I am with you would read and totally walk on the beach, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a stay at home mom, so i have a lot of down time, but there is just something really satisfying about being on summer vacation. other than not having school, the kids schedule is pretty much the same, we go to therapy appointments, and i even make them do "homework" in the afternoons. but, there's just something really awesome about knowing your on summer vacation! i dread the day when my kids discover what boredom is! you need to have abby write a 'how to avoid summer boredom' post! i bet she'd come up with some really great ideas! maybe she'd like to start her own blog or web show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!