Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kindness

Sometimes people's kindness just makes me speechless. The other night, after a very long day for Boo, I had to drop something off to a friend of mine that works at a golf course. As we were catching up, Boo was just resting her head on my shoulder.

A kind man who works in the pro-shop approached her and held out a pink golf ball. Boo actually took the ball from the man, said 'thank you' in her quietest voice and rested her head back down.

This is huge for so many reasons. Boo is very shy, that she even met this man's eyes and took something from him is amazing. But that she also said thank you? Oh my...

We left, she never let go of the ball. The next morning, it was the first thing she grabbed after her IPAD.




She has not let go of it. She has held it in the supermarket, the bank, Church and while playing. I had to wrest it from her hands before bedtime.

So I would like to take a moment, to say thank you. Thank you to this very kind gentleman who took time out of his day to make a little girl's day and her momma's heart overflow.

13 comments:

  1. The kindness of strangers... so important. Glad your kiddo's day was made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing this because it completely made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny what they latch on to though isn't it? Bless that man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? A gazillion toys and dolls she wont interact with but give the girl a golf ball?

      Delete
  4. Oh this truly made my heart melt and sometimes someone does something to leave you quite speechless. This sounds like one of those times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janine it really was huge in our world

      Delete
  5. Amazing what the kindness of strangers can do, isn't it? Thanks for the feel good post - it's a great way for me to end my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some days all it takes is a golf ball, if you know what I mean? After a long day at work running to therapy and Boo having a long day to have this kind man give her something that she would find comfort in? Priceless!

      Delete
  6. This post made me cry, and the photo of her holding it while looking at the iPad is SO SWEET!

    It's these random acts of kindness that restore my belief in humanity. The jackass who cuts me off in traffic takes it back away, but this post helps to restore it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, she still hasn't let go of it! Yes it definitely helps in dealing with those asses who don't know how to drive.

      Delete
  7. This is so wonderful and I totally understand why it is such a big deal for you! It would be for me, too! Love this man!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!