Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Phew!

First, a quick update. The plague seems to be lifting.

Second, my mom is in grandma heaven. She had Boo to herself all yesterday afternoon while Allie & Husband rested. She hadn't seen the girls in about 3 months. An eternity according to her and Allie.

Sometime I look at Boo's life as a war. Made up of little battles that she has to win in order to make gains developmentally. When I am in the trenches I forget to look at (and sometimes acknowledge) the progress she has made. I am too focused on the next objective. But since my mom hasn't seen Boo since she began the new SPED program she notices the changes right away. She is amazed how far Boo has come since May.

Of course, she is going to take Boo and Allie back-to-school shopping today. Alone. She may be wishing for the Boo who was content just to hang in the stroller by the end of the afternoon :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad the girls have had grandma time! And a tiny break for you xx it is really hard to see progress when living day to day so happy your mum ( mom!) can share in boos milestones x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. For all of us! She leaves tomorrow and I don't know who is going to be more heartbroken! The good news is she told us she will planning to come next summer for a month.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!